Thursday, October 21, 2010

If you could go to another school other then FSU, would you?

Frostburg State University is a wonderful place to get an education. When asked students on campus about their opinion of this question, they all had similar responses. Melissa Ridgway, a senior here at Frostburg State University, originally from Pocomoke, Maryland studying Addiction Counseling states "No, I would never leave or choose a different school besides Frostburg. I like this school because it is a tight knit community that Frostburg offers. You know the majority of the people and the professor/student relationship is greater then other schools because of the student teacher ratio that is offered here."
Business Administration major Bryan Howell, also a senior here at Frostburg State and originally from Dunkirk, Maryland, has a different opinion then his fellow peer Ridgway. When asked the same question, Howell's response was, "Yes, I would have picked a different school besides Frostburg. Frostburg is such a small school, and to me personally, I would have loved to go to a huge school like West Virginia University. I have just always wanted to be at a school where the school spirit is crazy and the school is always coming together as one. It's sad that the only thing this school can come together for is for a candle lighting for a fellow peer's death. I feel as if this school is so separated amongst the students, nothing really brings us together. I know that school is for education, but it would just be a little more enjoyable if we were able to come together as a whole school."
Finally, my last interviewee was a freshman, originally from Frostburg with a biology major, Jackie Jefferies, who did not agree with that Howell said, but what Ridgway had said. "Frostburg is a wonderful school from what I have experiences so far. Everybody here is so friendly here and I feel very safe. I have good relationships with my professors and I feel as if I am able to go up to anyone on this campus and ask them questions about different classes."
Overall, students at Frostburg State University have very different opinions on their school. Most people at Frostburg seem to like the close connections they are able to gain with their instructors and their peers. The safety of the school also helps students and faculty feel safe while walking this campus. Frostburg overall had positive feedback which helps students feel at home when they are away from home.

No comments: